Kinfolk Magazine vol 25 The Food Issue
Kinfolk är ett livstilsmagasin med fokus på "slow-living". Kinfolk magasin kommer ut en gång per kvartal. Nummer 25, hösten 2017, handlar om en av livets härligaste njutningar - att dela en måltid, att äta tillsammans.
Magasinet är på engelska, 192 sidor.
In Kinfolk magazine issue 25, we examine the role of food in forming and sustaining relationships, its place in art and political history, and its significance to the arbiters contemporary culture. We visit a breadmaker in her Brooklyn studio, test a curated selection of recipes by a celebrated chef, thumb the pages of Dali’s surrealist cookbook and revisit MFK Fisher’s seminal writing on the joy of simple meals.
- A peek inside the world of musician and actress Lola Kirke.
- A spotlight on the charisma and career of traditional southern chef Edna Lewis.
- An afternoon with actor and designer Waris Ahluwalia.
- A long-form essay examining the various cues we give about what we’re really thinking.
- A day with Brooklyn baker Lexie Smith as she explores New York City’s hidden markets.
- An interview with Lisa-Kaindé Diaz and Naomi Diaz, the French-Cuban sisters behind Ibeyi.
- Interviews with composer Timo Andres and filmmaker Valarie Kaur.
- Plus: a visual feast of Japanese food packaging, the optical illusions of Bridget Riley and the art of being a gracious beginner.
With a dynamic mix of long-form journalism, interviews and shorter essays, plus concept-driven visual stories and contributors across the globe, the forthcoming issue of Kinfolk Magazine continues to dedicate its editorial to exploring personal values and quality of life.
192 pages, offset-printed and perfect bound, full color on uncoated paper.